Counted among the prominent email services, Comcast email is widely known for its fast sending and receiving, simple account recovery methods, etc. Owing to its numerous features Comcast email has garnered millions of users worldwide. However, this does not means that one will never face any kind of problem while working with this email service. Among different problems that can arise while working with the Comcast email, the most common is the Comcast email not working. However, the good news is that the users can easily fix this problem whenever encountered by following the right troubleshooting measures. This article presents some easy steps in which the users can fix the Comcast email not working issue.
Different forms of Comcast email not working issues
The Comcast email not working issue is one of the most common issues that can take different forms. Some of the forms in which the Comcast email not working error can present itself in front of the users are given below:
- Comcast email login not working
- Comcast email password not working
- Problem in sending and/ or receiving Comcast emails
- Comcast email not working on Google Chrome
- Comcast email not working on Windows 10
- Freezing and crashing of Comcast email
- Comcast email not working on iPhone
- Comcast email suddenly stopped working
- Unable to upload/ download Comcast email attachment
Easy ways to fix the Comcast email not working issue
Once you find out the reason that is causing your Comcast email to not work properly, you can troubleshoot the issue all by yourself. Few things that the users can try to solve the not working problem of the Comcast email have been discussed in detail below. See if these solutions work for you.
- Problem- There are some issues with your internet connection
Solution- Make sure that your internet connection is not being interrupted. A slow internet speed is a main reason why Comcast email does not work properly. To fix the problem with your internet, ensure that you are on an active data pack. Check if you have not accidently turned on airplane mode in your device. You can also restart and reconnect your router (modem too if present) and your device to fix the problem.
- Problem- The browser that you are using is faulty
Solution- Make sure that the browser you are using is updated to its latest version and that it is compatible with Comcast email. You can also clear cookies and caches from your browser to fix the issue. Temporarily disabling extensions and plug-ins added to your browser sometimes also works in fixing the Comcast email not working issue. If nothing works for you, you might try switching the browser.
- Problem- Issue is with the device you are using
Solution- A device running low on disk space also creates problem with the working of Comcast email. To solve this issue, you need to make some space in your device by deleting unwanted files.
- Problem- Interference with third-party program
Solution- Sometimes, any third-party program especially an antivirus or firewall program interferes with the working of Comcast email. In case it is the reason behind the Comcast email not working, you need to temporarily disable such programs while working with Comcast email. Once you are done working with Comcast email, don’t forget to resume those applications.
- Problem- Problem is with your mobile device
Solution- If accessing Comcast email via a mobile device, make sure that your device works on the latest operating system. In case of a mobile application, make sure that the application is updated. Also, if there was any error during configuring Comcast email on your phone, it will not work properly. To fix this, you need to reconfigure Comcast email.
- Problem- Comcast email login not working
Solution- To fix the Comcast email login not working issues, you need to reset the password of your email account. Steps for the same are given below.
- Go to the official password reset page and enter the username, email address or phone number related to your Comcast account.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button and then enter the.
- Select the method by which you want to recover your password (using alternate email id, via registered phone number or answering security question) and click on ‘continue’.
- A password reset link or a reset code will be sent on the email id/ phone number.
- Open link received and follow the on-screen instructions to set a new password.
- Alternatively, enter the code and follow the instructions to reset password.
- You can also answer your security question to recover your password.
FAQ about the Comcast email
- Why can’t I send Comcast email from my iPhone?
- Can’t send Comcast email on iPhone
- If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- What to do if Comcast Email Is Not Working On iPhone
- How to Fix Comcast Email Not Working On iPhone?
- How to configure Comcast email on iPhone
- How to access your Comcast.net (Comcast) email account …
- Comcast SMTP configuration – smtp mail server
- How to Add a Comcast Mail Account to the iPhone
- unable to send comcast email on iphone
Unable to send comcast email on iphone?
Solution: of comcast email Not working on iphone Problem In the ‘INCOMING MAIL SERVER’ section, enter the username and the hostname (mail.comcast.net). Click on ‘SMTP’ button. Under the ‘OUTGOING MAIL SERVER’, enter the username and the hostname as displayed on screen. Enable the “Use SSL” option and make sure that the Server port number is entered ‘587’.
How to Add a Comcast Email Account to the iPhone
- Tap on the Mail client on your iPhone.
- Tap Other on the Welcome to Mail screen.
- Type in your credentials on the New Account screen and tap Next.
- Your information will be verified, and if the credentials are correct, your Comcast.net email will be configured.
- All set!
Comcast SMTP configuration – smtp mail server?
- Comcast SMTP server name: smtp.comcast.net.
- Comcast SMTP username: your Comcast email address.
- Comcast SMTP password: your Comcast password.
- Comcast SMTP port: 25 or 465.